Wednesday, October 1, 2008

When Sickly; Goals = Null

As I just said on my regular blog, it's hard to care about goals when you are sick and whiny. That said - I didn't get all my monthly things done before October showed up this morning. I think it doesn't count though. I was counting on using this last weekend, but then it was wasted and gone in a blur of snot filled tissues, "I think I have a feeeeeeverrrrrr", and "My faaaaaaace hurrrrrts" 's. That's right, I admit it. I whine.

Anyway. I did do some of my things. And I'm going to give myself through this weekend to do my monthly things that got skipped. Like riding my bike. Hopefully I feel better very soon because at this moment I can not even fathom having that kind of energy. Here's the rundown (well just the parts with updates/comments):

2. Make a turtle.
Done. It doesn't have eyes yet, because I couldn't find the kind I wanted when I got my supplies. But it still totally counts as done. I will take a picture eventually. :)
25. Save $1 a day so I will have $1,001 at the end of this challenge!
Doing well here. :)
28. Maintain the illusion of cleanliness a little each month. (2/33)
Luckily I did some of this before getting sick. It doesn't matter that it just got messy again afterwards.
41. Ride the bike I had to have at least once a month from May-October each year. Starting now.
8/08, 9/08, 10/08, 5/09, 6/09, 7/09, 8/09, 9/09, 10/09, 5/10, 6/10, 7/10, 8/10, 9/10, 10/10, 5/11 (1/16) I'm giving myself some extra time for this.
82. Read Jane Austen: The Complete Novels. (1/7)
Woo! I finished Sense and Sensibility last night!!! I really did like the story... just not such a fan of the writing style. Oy. I'm holding out hope that the other 6 won't be so rough.
84. Read at least one book from this list each year. (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) (0/4) I did borrow the book from Denise, after all. I'll probably start it tonight if I don't fall right asleep.
87. Blog at least once every other week. Two in a row to make up for missed posts is totally allowed. (5/72)
I just blogged my fifth blog. I'm weak. Technically there was one post during September, but today is only the 1st of October so I think I did pretty well. I definitely didn't fail. I have a clause. :) http://sarahthings.wordpress.com/
100. Celebrate this lists’ milestones! Do something special after you complete a total of 25, 50, 75, and the final item(s)! (0/4) I'm up to 5 and 2 halves. :) I really need to finish that stinkin' booty just so I can count that item as done. lol!

Also... I did get my hair cut. But it doesn't affect #97 (Donating to Locks of Love) because the hair that got cut off? Had highlights. And couldn't have been donated anyway. I knew this when I put that on the list, I did my research. I should still be able to do it, but it will take all the growing and non-highlighting I can do between now and my end date (allowing for a few trims here and there).

AND... as for #20 (Keep my car running...) it's in the shop getting a new radiator. I feel like I should be able to cross something off for that.

I think that's pretty much everything. Sorry my list posts are so boring. I'll try to spice up my next one somehow.

Oh! And as for # 27 (Putting money into 401k...) A lady from HR contacted me about setting this up since I'm eligible for employer contribution soon... she's going to meet with me Friday afternoon. Woohoo!

Ok, now that is all.

2 comments:

Melissa S-G said...

i will note that locks of love has been shown to not be as truthful and good about using donated hair as they used to be... you might also want to look at pantene's beautiful lengths and wigs for kids...

Kate Hart said...

You are doing pretty damn well for being sick! :buttbump:

That sucks, re. Mel's comment-- I've donated to them twice. :( If I do it again I'll definitely look into her suggestions.