Friday, October 24, 2008

Eight Completed Goals!

I just crossed off #65... start a Christmas Village. I won two pieces on eBay and have them both in my possession. I chose a Norman Rockwell village. I'm now the proud owner of...

Rockwell's Studio:And the Williams & Son Country Store:
I also updated my list a little here and there. I decided I don't have to ride my bike in September or October after all. =D October is apparently much colder than I remember it being. It sucks. And September just fell through the cracks, so in order to make myself feel better I made it officially disappear.
I finished The Assistant by Bernard Malamud the other night - it was my choice from that list I wanted to pick from once a year (#84). And I started my next Jane Austen (#82) Pride & Prejudice... it's already more promising than Sense & Sensibility! Or maybe I'm primed for the writing style now? Who knows.
There are a few other monthly ones in there, but nothing very interesting. I'm working on a painting right now - but I can't post it just yet in case the person it's intended for finds his or her way here. That's #14. And hey - does carving a pumpkin count for "sculpt something" ? Because I'll be doing that tomorrow or Sunday. You should do it too. I had something else in mind for that, but it flopped. No you may not see it. It has long since been destroyed.
Coming up really quick here are #'s 88 and 89! I'm all signed up to post everyday in November for NaBloPoMo... that will happen here. Please stop in and leave me ideas for future posts. I will need all the help I can get!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Yay Sarah! You're cruising through that list. :)

Also, Pride & Prejudice is my favorite Jane Austen, but that may be because I love the mini-series so much, I don't know. I did read the book too, though.

J said...

Pride and Prejudice is much better than Sense & Sensibility, IMHO. Basically, the story is easier to relate to, I think. It competes with Emma as my favorite. Also, I just read Persuasion, and that was short but amazing!