Friday, July 24, 2009

It's a Big One!

#20 is completed! When it's time for a new(er) car – make an informed decision, and get A/C!!!

Earlier this month we took my car in to our mechanic to check out a brake fluid leak. We ended up making two trips for brake repairs (not due to the mechanic, first it was rear brakes, and then our poor luck it was followed by front brakes), and he let us know it was probably time to start looking for a new car, start saving up, whatever we had to do. The car was still okay for now, but it's getting pretty rusty under there and won't last forever. We did still do the brake repairs, and the car passed inspection also - we weren't really planning to replace it so quickly! It just kind of worked out that way. And the new-to-us car... has AC! It's pretty much the best thing ever. Here's the new car, it's a 2005 Hyundai Elantra.


You know what makes this even greater? Not only did I cross off another goal, and is it a pretty exciting one anyway ... this makes the 25th goal to be crossed off! Which means I need to celebrate this wondrous milestone. I wonder what I'll do?!

In the next couple months I should be crossing off a few more of these goals. We made our camping reservations last night, so there is one for sure!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Yay, new car! That is a great goal to cross off for the 25th!

Gina said...

Not only is that an awesome goal and milestone, I'm really excited that you're still doing this! :p I forgot about my list until yesterday, and now I'm going through to update and see who all is still on board (not very many!).

Here's to finishing our challenge!