Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Why Hello, July!

As usual I am making changes! Sometimes the easiest way to measure these things doesn't come to me until too late. Luckily, it's really never too late! I just changed my cooking goal from something lame like "cook a meal once a month" to: 45. Try five new recipes! (1/5) ... and only counted one that I've already done, thought I think there were more. We'll just count this one for now though! Since it's documented somewhere already.

I added and crossed off: 47. Get a weedeater! ... too. You can call me a cheater, I don't mind. We needed one. And we got one. And now I just need to learn to use it. Maybe that should have been my goal... but honestly I won't be heartbroken if Jeff becomes the official weedeater in the household.

I'm worried about: 74. Read 100 books! (14/100) ... I upped the tally to 14 just now, though I'm technically still reading book 14. I should finish it soon. But like I said, I'm worried! I need to find some shorter books to read as filler! :)

And I'm considering abandoning: 75. Read Jane Austen: The Complete Novels. (2/7) ... because, blah.

11. Start and complete holiday craft challenges. (3/4) ... is on the back burner for now. Maybe I'll try to revive it one last time for Christmas this year.

4. Crochet blankets for Christmas gifts (2/4) ... is going really well! I just started #3 recently, the blanket for my nephew that chose yellow as his favorite color. Jeff seemed to think yellow wasn't very manly of a color, so it's yellow and blue. Navy blue, pale yellow, and little bits of light blue and white also. I think it looks pretty awesome so far!

I'm hoping to combine #'s 62, 65, and maybe even 55... that's: 62. Go to Taughannock Falls, 65. Go camping. (Real camping.), and 55. Have a game night. I'm working on Jeff and our friends Kendra and Damien. Hopefully it works out because it sounds like fun! Plus, THREE THINGS TO CROSS OFF! :) I know what's important.

Other than that I still have a bunch of blanks on my list! I know I'll come up with more as time goes on, but suggestions are always welcome!

1 comments:

Denise said...

You are doing so well on those blankets! I love that Jeff gave you color advice on your nephew's, too. :D You have to make sure that blanket is manly! Hee.

And I hope you can pull off the three at once with the camping trip! Imagine the fun!