Thursday, January 29, 2009

Everybody's Talking About Change

I just did a little list updating. For now I've italicized a couple that will need changing, but I'll have to think on them (like - #30: Chewy goal, and #39: Dale goal). A few others changed completely, and SOME have even been crossed out! WOO! Progress is awesome.

I now have SEVENTEEN completed goals! And a few straggler halves. We won't discuss those. Matter of fact, I could probably stop adding "halves" now that I have a real whole number to brag about... but the halves kind of remind me that I should finish those at some point. Sort of. I don't DO it, but they remind me that I should... yeah.

First up... #55. I got a Wii! It was part my birthday present, and part money from Christmas. It is wicked fun and I like it more than I thought I would even! I've only had it a week though.

I know what you're thinking... if I got a Wii one of my halves should have disappeared, right? You don't miss anything! But... check out # 86. I got a plant! Two actually, from work for my birthday. So all I have to do is keep one (or both) alive long enough to feel like I've succeeded, and that baby will get crossed off too! (That probably won't take long. I've had them a week and am starting to get a bit cocky.)

What else is different?! .... I changed my crocheting goals around. I think I mentioned that I didn't really care about trying all those patterns once I knew I could figure it out. So... I left #3 (the roly-poly pig) the same since it's for my mom (who likes pigs). I can probably give that a shot sometime in the next 800 and some days. I changed #4 to crocheting 4 (or more if it goes well!) blankets as Christmas gifts this year. I started a bright orange one last night. A certain niece of mine chose orange as her favorite color - I'm thinking it will be mostly orange (well the yarn calls itself "pumpkin"), with a touch of bright pink and green, and maybe white. Four (maybe six!) blankets in this year alone is a pretty big goal, so I forgive myself for this next indiscretion. I changed #5 to "crochet a snowman and a santa for my mom for Christmas." Then I crossed it out, since I already did that. See the snowman! See the Santa... I still need to suck it up and finish #6! That second stinking bootie. This is pretty lame of me since it's even started. It would maybe take and hour or two.

#36 - Cleaning my car inside and out twice a year? I've pathetically changed that to simply cleaning out the trash once in a blue moon. Don't judge me!

I changed #37 to set up somewhat of a home binder. But I don't plan to get all complicated like some I've seen! I'll be happy with just having somewhere to put receipts and manuals - maybe with a phone number list. That sounds fancy to me.

I tried my new food for 2009! (#40) It was tomato bisque with mushrooms. (Yes, soup. Shut up.) Words like "bisque" would normally put me off, but yesterday? I TRIED IT. And it was good. But apparently bisque is normally creamier than that was. I probably wouldn't have liked it that way, so I'm glad.

I changed #81 from "keep reading, and keep track of what I read" to Read 100 books! WOO! I have been trying to read 50 books in one year the last few years, but I don't really come close. So I figured 100 books in 1001 days might be doable! And I can still keep track using my 50 books set-up: which is this list here. Counting from my first Jane Austen book (which I started right about the same time I started this list) I'm at six total so far. I better get trucking!

I think those are the only major changes/updates. Though I did update #99 to show just '09 and '10... since I never got to do it this year! That makes me sad actually. At first I kept forgetting to look, and then I think it was maybe too close to Christmas once I did remember - because I didn't find a drop box. Next year (this year!) I will be more pro-active about it. Seriously! I will! Because I do feel bad that it didn't happen this year. Sigh.

1 comments:

Denise said...

Woo, changes! I'm glad you put the Christmas blankets on your list. And I like the 100 books one! You're going to have a lot of fun with that. :)