Saturday, January 10, 2009

Overdue Update

I really let this go too long without an update. I didn't forget, I just kept saying to myself "I'll get to it soon." Which obviously didn't work out so well. So I have a few updates, I've now completed fourteen total items!

  • I completed both Nablopomo and Holidailies this year, so I got to cross off numbers 88 and 90 (they also counted as parts of 89 and 91).
  • I started taking a multivitamin, so there's number 43.
  • I also crossed off finishing the staining of the picnic table, number 19. Which I didn't technically have to do anything for. I thought it would need another coat when I added it to the list, but I never did that and I think it's going to be fine. It seems to be handling this winter pretty awesomely. Maybe that's cheating, but I don't think so.
  • I just crossed off number 85: Win some money! Anything over $20 counts. We won a total of $21 from scratchy tickets this Christmas. That was a shared win, but I think it still counts. Especially because I also won a hooded sweatshirt as a "door prize" from a benefits fair at work about a month or two ago. Those are usually about $30, so I'd say that counts too!
  • I don't get to cross this off yet, but I finished Pride & Prejudice awhile ago also (I blogged about it here), so that brings me up to 2/7 for number 82.

I think I'll be doing some maintenance to my list soonish. Reading through it just now I found a few things that I really don't even want to do anymore. So I should change those to something more worthwhile. Like... I don't particularly care about making the roly-poly crochet things from patterns anymore. Once I learned how to follow a pattern I felt complete in that area. lol! At Christmas I made a snowman and a santa without a pattern and those made me feel better than the turtle from a pattern, so I really think I've moved past that. I still haven't finished that second bootie either. D'oh!

1 comments:

Denise said...

I've had to do a lot of list maintenance, too, and still have more to do. These lists evolve, don't they? :D

I love your new background! And yay for progress!