Wednesday, August 20, 2008

FIRST EVER LIST UPDATE!!!!

That might be one too many exclamation points... what do you think?
If you look at the list in the side bar you'll see I sort of crossed of part of #55. It's kind of cheating though.

#55: Play a Wii - or buy a Wii, and then play it.

Sunday night we went to Best Buy. And they have a Wii display... and I played it. But only for about 30 seconds of actual playing... the other 3 minutes were spent trying to figure out how to move the wheel thingy so I could actually start the game. (Which I'm pretty sure was MarioKart.) And there were Best Buy guys standing behind us making me feel all weird, so once I crashed the first time I moved on. Stupid Best Buy Guys. But... it makes me feel better to have something at least partially crossed off my list. I won't cross it off all the way until I get a whole minutes worth of play time though. That totally seems fair.

I also started on #82 last night, by starting the first part of Jane Austen: The Complete Novels, which is Sense and Sensibility. I'm not far yet at all, though. In my defense I first read the introduction by Karen Joy Fowler (who wrote The Jane Austen Book Club - movie of choice for #83). Normally I totally skip introductions, but it was actually pretty interesting. I may decide to read the actual book before watching the movie. No promises.

And I have to double check... but I might have to come up with a new #19. I thought I had to finish staining the picnic table still, but now for some reason I think maybe I did actually finish it already... Was I going to do a second coat or something? I'm not sure. But I will check out the table and if it's already done I obviously won't count that.

Look at me making progess! Maybe I have half a chance after all.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Yay, a list update! :) I'm glad you got to mark something at least part-way off. Woo!

Kayleen said...

You know, I have a Wii... and MarioKart... so anytime you're in the area :)